Wednesday, November 2, 2016

One Proud Daddy!!

#nationaladoptionmonth 

Britt's phone does not work in India if he is not on Wi-Fi, so I am incredibly thankful to the Indian pastor Britt is with for keeping me updated and sending me pictures early this morning!
 
I received the first text around midnight our time (it was 10:30 am there), that they were on the way to the orphanage! He sent me some "glimpses' of her city...

 
 
It was 37 minutes before I received the next text. That was the longest 37 minutes of. my. life!! I think I was surprised at my emotions during that time. I had been and was so excited for Britt to meet our precious daughter, but in those moments began to mourn the fact that we were not meeting her together.
 
Then I got this...
(I'm sorry we can not show her beautiful face on the world wide web yet!)
 
And the tears began...actually the sobs! I prayed and prayed that she would recognize her daddy and let him hold her and here she was in his arms!! The Indian pastor text me, "She is absolutely fine and happy to be carried by her father." And more tears!!
 
The very first picture we ever saw of her and then again one that was sent early this morning reminds me so much of her big brother Matthew! I love how God gives us things like that!
 
For the next 2 hours I sat crying and hoping more pictures or videos would be sent. I wanted to see more of her, I wanted to know more about her. It was SO hard not being able to talk to my husband during that time. I'm thankful my sweet momma was up and texting with me.  
 
I finally went to sleep around 3 am, but was right back up at 5 am. I needed a coffee I.V. today!! Finally at 6:42 a.m. Britt and I were able to talk. It was a choppy phone call with lags in it, but I got to talk to him! That did my heart so good!!
 
He said the first smile that came across her sweet face was when he gave her the baby doll I picked out!
 
He went though her book with her and showed her the video her big brothers and I made. He said she just sat and looked at it all. He got to spend about 20 minutes with her before God had a divine appointment in place for him. One day I will share that story, I just can't right now. But God is moving mountains in our adoption!!
 
When the boys got up I sat them down and showed them the pictures. I just love their faces in these pictures...

 Matthew was mad because he wanted to hold my phone, haha!
 Uncle Michael, look at the thumbs up Eli is giving!
 Be still my heart!!

 
I received a few more pictures as Britt and the other men rode a cab to catch their next flight...


Britt was able to call me after their flight and getting settled at the Indian pastor's home. We were able to talk for 26 whole minutes!! He was going to be able to get a shower and a full night's sleep for the first time since they left for India.
 
We got started on her room before Britt left so he could show this picture to the orphanage. I'm going to get more done while he is gone, including getting the puzzle hung up!
 

The back is starting to look full! Thank you to those who have given!
 
Continue to pray that God will get our baby girl home real soon! And pray Britt returns home safely to us! God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment